Focus: The focus of this document is to provide you steps on how to install the PandaDoc module in Salesforce.
What does the integration do?
The Salesforce integration with PandaDoc will allow you to create PandaDoc documents from Opportunities, Leads and Account. You will be able to pull information from Opportunity, Leads and Account information, Salesforce products into a PandaDoc document and setup triggers.
Version 1.26 Notes: This version will no longer be available after 3/11/2016. This version works with Salesforce “Group”, “Professional”, “Enterprise”, “Unlimited”, or “Developer edition”. This version does not include Triggers. You will need to have Salesforce Admin rights to install the PandaDoc module.
Version 1.39 Notes: Available after 2/13/2018. You will need Salesforce: “Enterprise”, “Unlimited”, or “Developer edition”. You will have all the features available in Version 1.30-1.38 plus:
- Recipient management functionality
- PandaDoc updates as notes in SFDC
- Simple new custom object configuration
- Possibility to remove triggers
- Possibility to send account as a recipient
- PandaDoc clean up functionality
- Short improvements for logging module
- CPQ: discounts and proper sorting
- Sandbox is fully supported
You will need to have Salesforce Admin rights to install the PandaDoc module and configure it.
New triggers functionality in PandaDoc Salesforce version 1.39 package allows you to implement a custom automation on top of default PandaDoc integration. Here are some examples:
- When documents are started from an Opportunity and the document is completed, a downloadable PDF Version will show up in the “Notes and Attachments” section in the Opportunity record. (Available out of the box)
- Save all statuses history when it changed on the PandaDoc side (Available out of the box, deep configuration can be done in trigger setup)
- Change opportunity stage to X if document status is Y, e.g. change an opportunity stage to “Close Won” when document status is Completed. (Available out of the box, stages mapping is configurable)
- Add all document status changes as notes for SFDC entity. (Available out of the box)
- Get data your customer entered in a document and update an opportunity with this data. (Requires custom development)
- Sync products from a document when it’s sent/completed and back to an opportunity Products Line Items. (Requires custom development)
Step 1: To Access the triggers. Be sure to have the latest version of the PandaDoc Salesforce application installed. Once installed, click on the “+” at the top and then click on “PandaDoc Setup.
Step 2: Adding API Key to Salesforce. Copy and paste your API Key from PandaDoc into API Key shown below. The API Key is found within PandaDoc by going to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Step 4.
Step 3: Triggers Setup and Configuration. Note that this if for Advanced Salesforce Admins only. This is a developer’s guide to help you setup custom triggers. In order to use feature, you will need to create your own triggers. To learn more about Salesforce triggers, please go click here.
Step 3a: Example Trigger. Shown below is an example of custom triggers for PandaDoc document statuses syncing back to Salesforce Opportunity Stage Field.
To see examples of the code that you will need to add, please download this Salesforce Custom Trigger Guide.
Next, please click on the this link to go through the steps on how to send documents using this integration.