Learn here how to quickly & easily create editable PandaDoc documents and templates from your .docx documents.
Availability: all plans.
How do I enable it? Go to the Add-on store, find “Import to Editor” in the Productivity section, enable the Add-on.
Step 1. Import your .docx file
Click “New Document” or “New Template” and choose “Import content” in the popup window.
You can drag & drop your .docx file to add from your device or import it from Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive or Box.
Step 2. Review your content
Your document will be broken down into content blocks, you can edit them:
For Templates, you can add tokens as placeholders for dynamic content (any info that will change from document to document):
You can also modify the design of your document or template – just click …More > Design:
- From .docx files, we can import the following fonts only: Arial, Helvetica, Georgia, Times New Roman, Monospace;
- Text Effects and Typography cannot be imported;
- Line Spacing of your .docx file will be set to the default PandaDoc;
- Only simple tables with simple borders can be imported (no design, no merged cells);
- Shapes, Charts, SmartArt are not supported;
- Orientation will be set to portrait;
- Page color, border and margins cannot be imported, ‘US letter’ paper size will be applied;
- Document comments and footnotes cannot be imported.
If you want to change the font of the document, you can set a new one in the Design section or import a Google font using custom CSS.