Focus: the focus of this self-help document is to provide an outline and overview of the bpm’online Integration with PandaDoc.
What is bpm’online? Bpm’online is a premium vendor of process-driven cloud based software for marketing, sales and service automation. The beauty and core value of bpm’online products are the out-of-the-box processes that guide users through the most effective actions to accelerate results. Users love bpm’online’s engaging interface with its social look and feel, free from redundant information that keeps them focused on what’s relevant.
Bpm’online Integration with PandaDoc includes the following capabilities.
- Create PandaDoc documents from bpm’online portal.
- Automatically populated bpm’online data in PandaDoc documents (populate tokens, fields, contact roles, quote lists).
- Track status and manage documents related to a specific entity (Opportunity, Lead or Account) in bpm’online.
Please note: This integration was developed by bpm’online. If you have any questions on how to setup or use this integration, please contact them at email@example.com, or call at 847.559.0864
Versions of bpm’online that supports this integration
Bpm’online Sales 7.10
1. Enable PandaDoc Integration
- To enable integration with PandaDoc, contact Velvetech or bpm’online to receive the installation package for bpm’online. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at phone: 847.559.0864
2. Log in to bpm’online as an administrator and visit System Designer page.
3. Go to ‘Package Installation’ section on the bottom of the page.
4. Select the installation package on the hard drive. Please make sure that you have ‘All Files’ selected in the file browser.
5. Wait for the package to complete upload and close Package Installation page. You will see new sections on bpm’online portal.
PandaDoc Settings in System Designer
PANDADOC tab in Opportunities, Leads and Accounts
These are the only two components that you will need for your integration. Please find more details below.
6. To use PandaDoc integration, you need to be logged in to your PandaDoc portal in the same browser as you use for bpm’online. You can also log in to PandaDoc on bpm’online portal.
a. Access an Opportunity, Account or Lead and click PANDADOC tab. Click “CONNECT”.
b. PandaDoc login page will open in a new tab. Log in and refresh the bpm’online page.
7. Enable bpm’online in your PandaDoc account. Go to Add-ons store > Integration Category. Find bpm’online, click on it and use the green button “Add to PandaDoc”.
2. Use PandaDoc Integration
The integration allows populating tokens, fields, contact roles and quote lists in PandaDoc documents. Installing PandaDoc module in bpm’online enables default tokens and fields population that cover all major data points of Opportunities, Leads and Accounts.
2a. Create a PandaDoc document
- Open an Opportunity, Lead or Account you need.
- Click on PANDADOC tab and ‘Create New Document’ button
- Select the template you need
2b. Populate PandaDoc tokens
A token is piece of code that you can insert into a “content block” that will auto-fill your information. For example, if you have filled out the Client fields (First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Email address) for your client contact, you can insert in a token to auto-fill that in your document. Learn more about tokens here.
To view the list of tokens you can populate in PandaDoc documents, do the following (the steps below describe Opportunity as an example, but you can do the same for Leads and Accounts).
- Open the opportunity record and click on PANDADOC tab.
2. Click ‘View Tokens’ button
3. This is the list of all tokens that will be populated in a document. To enable the data to be populated, just copy and paste the tokens to your PandaDoc template.
4. Please note that tokens that not only Opportunity fields are populated in PandaDoc, but if an Opportunity has a related Account, any account’s data can be populated.
List of tokens you can use
|Bpm’online Record Type||Token to Use in PandaDoc|
Please Note: for contact information such as address, phone, email the token is generated dynamically. For example, if you add address with type “actual” in bpm’online, specific tokens will be generated for this type of address:
Please note: all tokens available for the account related to the opportunity are also available for this opportunity.
|Custom fields||If a custom field is added to Lead, Account, Opportunity, a token for this custom field must be created manually. Please see #3b below for details.|
2c. Populate PandaDoc fields
Fields are populated for Opportunity, Lead and Account in the same way as tokens. You just need to copy available tokens from PandaDoc widget without the square brackets and add them to your PandaDoc templates as fields. Field title must be exactly the same as token name in bpm’online.
2d. Populate PandaDoc contact roles
Roles are added to templates to help predefine the fields and to autofill tokens when you use a template for a document. So, if you set up a role called “Signer”, all that you have to do is assign a recipient to that role when you turn this template into a document. Learn more about PandaDoc contact roles here.
Contact roles integration is only available for Opportunity. In order for contact roles to be populated in PandaDoc, you need to name Roles in bpm’online in the same way as in PandaDoc, case sensitive, or, vice versa, name PandaDoc roles in the same way as in bpm’online, case sensitive.
An opportunity has contacts with Influencer and Decision maker roles.
PandaDoc has contact roles with the same names assigned to the template. The template also includes these contact roles’ tokens in it.
When you create a PandaDoc document based on this template, the contacts and tokens will be automatically populated in the document.
2e. Populate PandaDoc quote list.
Populating a Pricing Table is available for Opportunities and Leads.
Opportunities – products attached under Products tab are populated in PandaDoc document. NOTE: Quantity and Price will be populated in PandaDoc as well.
Leads – products attached under Customer Need Details tab > Products. You will need to enter Quantity and Price in PandaDoc manually.
To enable products to be populated in PandaDoc pricing table, please do the following.
- Add Pricing Table block into the template
2. Remove the first line of the table and enable ‘Automatically add products to this table’ option
3. After that, any products attached to your Opportunity or Lead will be populated in the PandaDoc pricing list.
3. Configure PandaDoc Integration
If you need more information to be populated in PandaDoc documents, you can configure these data points as follows.
3a. How to access configuration
- Log in as bpm’online administrator.
- Visit System Designer.
3. Go to System setup > PandaDoc Settings
4. You will only need to work with the following settings.
5. You can work with the following settings: Opportunities, Lead, Account. Each of these settings represents the list of bpm’online fields that is populated in PandaDoc.
3b. Add a new data point to be populated in PandaDoc
- To add a new data point to be populated in PandaDoc, access the settings as described in 3a above and select the object where you need a new data point.
2. Bpm’online Field contains name of the database column that represents this entity. Normally, the database column has the same name as the title in the UI. PandaDoc token represents name of the token in PandaDoc.
3. Let’s say you need to add ‘Fax’ to Account.
4. Click ‘ADD NEW FIELD’
5. Enter name of bpm’online database column – ‘Fax’ into Bpm’online Field and specify name of the token in PandaDoc Token.
Note 1: We recommend that you always use name of the object in the token name, i. e. specify ‘Account.Fax’ instead of just ‘Fax’. As account is related to Opportunity, this new token will also be available for Opportunity.
Note 2: Do not use square brackets in token name. They will be added automatically by the system.
6. As a result, you will have a new token in the list of tokens for Account and Opportunity.